Thursday, July 22, 2010

First contact with future Peacekeepers

Sisters! I must say that I have mixed feelings after my first meeting with the Peacekeepers in training. They have not yet finished their initial security clearance, so they do not yet know who amongst their interviews are with Etans.

It was difficult, even after all the years of training on MotherShip, to not give all the exact details of my personal struggle that brings me and Mater Clan to this blue planet. I had my cover story of being from Estonia and used its history of strife to cover my own people's experience. It helps that the political and religious conflicts that happen here are so much like our own so we at least do not need to explain it to them.

However, they didn't seem terribly concerned with the story of being forced from our (Grez'nyn forest) home and cast adrift to only a hoped-for new homeland. They were very concerned with my parents and my relationship with them, and I found this comforting. I believe they understand that it can be difficult with different generations and their expectations.

I have a spark of hope that we may be able to befriend them and bring our skills and knowledge to join with theirs. In Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment